We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Car insurance - Replacement waiting time
Katz22UK
Posts: 1 Newbie
How long have you waited for a replacement car after an accident? Mine will be min 2 months! Is that normal??
Background - In September my car was damaged overnight in a hit and run. Insurance company agreed it's a write off and got me to agree to a brand new car, due October (I have gap insurance and car was less than 12mths old). Their preferred supplier then got in contact to give me a delivery date - that's late November! I had a courtesy car while my car was in the garage but had to return it when my car was declared a write off. I will be without a car for seven weeks. The make and model I have is very popular and my local dealership has loads! I've put in a complaint but insurance company won't come back to me for 'several weeks'. I want to know if my timeline experience is unusual.
Background - In September my car was damaged overnight in a hit and run. Insurance company agreed it's a write off and got me to agree to a brand new car, due October (I have gap insurance and car was less than 12mths old). Their preferred supplier then got in contact to give me a delivery date - that's late November! I had a courtesy car while my car was in the garage but had to return it when my car was declared a write off. I will be without a car for seven weeks. The make and model I have is very popular and my local dealership has loads! I've put in a complaint but insurance company won't come back to me for 'several weeks'. I want to know if my timeline experience is unusual.
0
Comments
-
It's normal to lose the courtesy car as soon as yours is declared a write off/get your settlement.
YOU have agreed to go the route of a new car via the insurance!
If you had just requested the money you could have just gone straight to one of these other dealers and got a car immediately although the settlement might not have covered the full cost but at the end of the day it depends how urgently you need a car?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards