New Post Advanced Search

UK Hols and Theatre

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team and we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

It’s an exceptionally tough time for the holiday, travel and events industry, and we are swamped with questions about your consumer rights around cancelled concerts, flights, hotels, theatre shows etc.

We’re a small team and we want to make sure Forumites are getting the answers they need accurately and quickly. So for the time being, we are hitting pause on this board and redirecting everyone to the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

And of course, we have the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

Rooms at103 London?

11 replies 2K views
z1az1a Forumite
2.5K posts
✭✭✭✭
Thinking of spending a few nights in London at New Year without breaking the bank.
Will spend very little time in hotel, so as long as it's clean and fairly central it'll do.
Searching on Hotels.com I came across Rooms at103 in Whitechapel. Supposedly 3*. but way too cheap IMO. No reviews on Tripadvisor.
Worth a punt, or is it like Bates' motel?
Anybody aware of the place?

TIA for any replies.

Replies

• CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite, Board Guide
    14.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly not "central". It's in a back street in Whitechapel/Stepney around half a mile from a choice of 2 tube stations.
    I'm a Board Guide on the The Money Savers Arms, Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home, and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and manage threads there.

Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]
  • theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    14.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    It's certainly not "central". It's in a back street in Whitechapel/Stepney around half a mile from a choice of 2 tube stations.

And OP you may get more help on the correct board. Ask the board guide to move it for you.
  • CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite, Board Guide
    14.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moved to UK Holidays.
    I'm a Board Guide on the The Money Savers Arms, Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home, and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and manage threads there.

Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]
  • suki1964suki1964 PPR Forumite
    13.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading reviews, I would rather sleep rough under Westminster Bridge

Depending on when you are actually going, you can get a Premier Inn room for £35 a night
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
  • z1az1a Forumite
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    And OP you may get more help on the correct board. Ask the board guide to move it for you.

Apologies, posted in a rush.
  • edited 22 October 2019 at 10:41PM
    z1az1a Forumite
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 October 2019 at 10:41PM
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Reading reviews, I would rather sleep rough under Westminster Bridge

Depending on when you are actually going, you can get a Premier Inn room for £35 a night

Premier Inns in centralish London are showing at £300+ a night for 4 of us covering NY period.
  • z1az1a Forumite
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cornucopia wrote: »

Near enough, nothing we want to see is more than an hours walk, which is fine.
    13.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    z1a wrote: »
    Premier Inns in centralish London are showing at £300+ a night for 4 of us covering NY period.

I put dates in for a few days after and Kew was coming up at £35 for a double

Kew is on the district line, its not long into London

Thing is, NYE and Day are going to be MEGA expensive what with the fireworks and the Parades
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
  • z1az1a Forumite
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    suki1964 wrote: »
    I put dates in for a few days after and Kew was coming up at £35 for a double

Kew is on the district line, its not long into London

Thing is, NYE and Day are going to be MEGA expensive what with the fireworks and the Parades

Yep, I know. Fireworks were mainly for Wife, although
    we all enjoy them.
    Main reasons were the Zoo & Natural history museum & a general wander around, so we've decided to skip NY & go a bit before or later.
    13.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firework display is sold out anyways and you get a better view on the TV without the crush and the hassle of getting back to your digs :)

If you can get Kew, then the National History and Science and the Albert and Victoria Museums are all at South Ken, which is on the same line. From there its just a hop up the road to Knightsbridge and then Buckingham Palace , up the Mall to Trafalger Square, onwards to Leicester Sq etc etc etc

The dates between the 2nd and the 5th of Jan would be great for sightseeing as most of London workers will be on holidays so the tubes won't be so packed