Forum Home» Budgeting & Bank Accounts

Blocked account because buyer claimed unauthorised payment - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Blocked account because buyer claimed unauthorised payment

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
33 replies 2.7K views

Replies

• Seems to me you have been scammed using hacked Bank accounts. Any money still in your account will likely be returned to sender account. Account closed.

Can't you visit the address you posted to?
  • Just seen your last post about 2 different names. Even more likely hacked accounts were used.
  • Imo what has happened here is scammers tried to send you 10k from hacked account. The sender bank blocked it contacted true owner. Confirmed it wasn't them and informed santander who blocked you. Scammers used 2 other hacked accounts to make smaller payments to avoid flagging up. Then 1 of the owners of one of those accounts noticed and told their bank. Now you're in the situation you are
  • edited 20 October 2019 at 9:39PM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 October 2019 at 9:39PM
    Imo what has happened here is scammers tried to send you 10k from hacked account. The sender bank blocked it contacted true owner. Confirmed it wasn't them and informed santander who blocked you. Scammers used 2 other hacked accounts to make smaller payments to avoid flagging up. Then 1 of the owners of one of those accounts noticed and told their bank. Now you're in the situation you are

Buyers Gumtree account must have been hacked too.
  • jonesMUFCforeverjonesMUFCforever Forumite
    28.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gumtree and £10000 - enough said -- Guilty m'lord.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Zero_SumZero_Sum Forumite
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    When selling large expensive items online, the only way I roll is that the buyer would need to come & pick it up themselves, and pay in cash. If they insist on anything else then Im opening myself upto fraud. So its my way or they cant have the goods.
  • Ben8282Ben8282
    4.8K posts
    Newshound!
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread reminds me of a Swiss cheese.
  • ErgatesErgates Forumite
    870 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    The idea that only one of the transactions was authorised is equally odd. The buyer sends one payment then somehow you have the ability to log into their account and send further transactions to yourself? Several times over a period of days when, presumably, the buyer was not checking their account in order to notice what was going on. Saying that only one of multiple credit card transactions was authorised is credible; saying that only one of a number of separate transactions, presumably faster payments, instigated by the buyer as opposed to taken by you is not credible, especially as the total value presumably adds up to the value of the original bounced back transaction.

I've seen cases where people made that very claim - that *one* of a number of transactions from them to another person was fraudulent. Their claim was rejected as obviously false.

Maybe the buyer thought that if they only claimed part of the amount bank they might be more likely to get away with it... ? Not all scammers are particularly bright.
  • ErgatesErgates Forumite
    870 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Buyers Gumtree account must have been hacked too.

Or it's an account set up by the scammers...
  • born_againborn_again Forumite
    4.1K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    So where are the items then?

Police it is with the buyers details if you have sent them is your only way..
    Family is for life not just Christmas