New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Thomas Cook Query

3 replies 548 views
terrier17terrier17
2 posts
Forumite
I don't know if anyone can help me but here goes:

I went on holiday this summer with Thomas Cook and have a great holiday but having paid for reserved and extra leg room seats both outbound and inbound we never got them and were sat in different seats.

I complained on my return to TC and they agreed to refund me £122.00 for what we had paid for our seats. I got an email in writing confirming they would refund me and payment would be received within 28 days.

A few days later they went bust so I guess I wont get this money?

My query is that I paid the deposit for the holiday by credit card and then the balance by direct debit from my bank account. As I did not get what I paid for and that TC agreed and are now gone do I have grounds for a claim through my credit card for the money even if they only funded the deposit????

The other option is I register as a creditor with the liquidators but I suspect that I will be so far down a list its a waste of time.

Thoughts and opinions would be welcome

Thanks

Replies