eBay phone transcripts? Help needed!

Options
13»

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I mentioned transcripts to cover the event that the recording couldn't be transferred to a medium suitable for a consumer ... if that was the case then the company would have to provide transcripts. :)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zay475 wrote: »
    I’m quite shocked by the snooty and condescending nature of the replies on this thread, unholy angel is clearly the only person who doesn’t think they are a clairvoyant and has actually given a constructive reply. Three others have quickly gone straight to being judge and jury, rather than trying to help and all assumed that I am some dimwit that sent a guitar in a poorly packaged box and doesn’t read anything contractual before sending an item away.

For the people who have replied negatively for no apparent reason, I did parcel the guitar adequately, it was sent in its original case, inside the original packaging it arrived in when I purchased it. It was a Gibson guitar and their packaging is excellent.

The dispute lies in the fact that the guitar went missing for ten days and when it finally arrived with the customer, it had been taken out of the case and mistreated badly, as well as there being several items missing, guitar strap, multi tool etc.

So when I called eBay and informed them of this I was told that I would be refunded, as the guitar was in such a bad state and for the people who have ‘helped’, eBay agreed that the insurance policy is hidden and not made clear when purchasing the postage.

I simply wanted to know if I was entitled to get the transcripts. Anyway thank you unholy angel for giving me a helpful reply as oppose to the other condescending posts.

A guitar case isnt sufficient packaging.
    Gibson can self insure and replace as required.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    BoGoF wrote: »
    And seeing as these calls were after the contract had been entered into........

I may be missing it, but seeing as I've read what the OP has written 3 times and still can't see where they say one way or another whether the calls were before or after entering the contract, perhaps you could quote the relevant part of OP's post for me?

I also noticed when re-reading the OP's posts that they purchased the postage via ebay and seem to imply they weren't given any terms that excluded cover for guitars before they entered the contract . So same rule would apply - if it wasn't stated before entering the contract, they can't retrospectively apply it or seek to rely on it.

More to the point, insurance is to cover situations where loss or damage occurs through no fault of the couriers. If they're negligent, then they can't disclaim liability on the basis that you didn't have insurance.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure