Delivery issues

Options
I ordered an item on eBay which listed the delivery as being done by Yodel. I was happy with that as my local yodel driver is good. The seller decided to send it by a courier called DX deliveries instead. I had a text and an email saying the item would be delivered on Monday. The item wasn't delivered. I phoned DX on Tuesday morning and was told it was out for delivery, but again we waited in all day and no delivery. On Wednesday and Thursday I have been communicating with DX over Facebook. The same assurances have been given but still no delivery.

I contacted the selller who said the tracking shows it will be delivered today. It has said that everyday.

I have read the appalling reviews of DX delivery and comments on their Facebook page. I am not alone in having these problems, they seem pretty widespread. We have now wasted four days waiting for this delivery.

Does anyone know where I stand with regards to this purchase? As it wasn't delivered by the stated courier can I ask for a refund. I would now rather purchase from a company using a reputable courier or Royal Mail, even if the item costs more.
Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When is the due delivery date on Ebay? You couldn't ask Ebay to step in till the date has passed. Unless the seller was willing to cancel the sale and get the item back from the courier which is unlikely.

To be fair all couriers can have problems. We have no problems with Yodel either but there are a lot of horror stories about them too online.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Prudent wrote: »
    I ordered an item on eBay which listed the delivery as being done by Yodel. I was happy with that as my local yodel driver is good. The seller decided to send it by a courier called DX deliveries instead. I had a text and an email saying the item would be delivered on Monday. The item wasn't delivered. I phoned DX on Tuesday morning and was told it was out for delivery, but again we waited in all day and no delivery. On Wednesday and Thursday I have been communicating with DX over Facebook. The same assurances have been given but still no delivery.

I contacted the selller who said the tracking shows it will be delivered today. It has said that everyday.

I have read the appalling reviews of DX delivery and comments on their Facebook page. I am not alone in having these problems, they seem pretty widespread. We have now wasted four days waiting for this delivery.

Does anyone know where I stand with regards to this purchase? As it wasn't delivered by the stated courier can I ask for a refund. I would now rather purchase from a company using a reputable courier or Royal Mail, even if the item costs more.

Was the item delivered or is it overdue?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure