🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

£35,000 Lump Sum

Options
Hello. I have a £35000 deposit as a first time buyer on the property market and would like to know the best way to save/invest for interest purposes. The period would be for less than six months as we do not want to commit to buy a property at this point due to the current climate. I have looked at Abbey's bank account to ICICI's top saver's account but find myself confused :confused: with taxes, actual interest rates and the jargon that goes with it. I would like intant access as if we find a home in the coming months we can use the deposit straight away. So highest interest for less than six months with a £35000 lump sum... Can anybody help?:undecided

Phil

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    with 6 months as the timescale you shouldnt invest unless you are an extreme risk taker.

Stick with savings accounts.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport