Refunded buyer recieved goods

Options
A buyer complained that they had not recieved their item and as it looked reasonable to me that it should have arrived by now I refunded the buyer (and intended to put in a claim on my missing item - its £15 so just a POP)
The day after they contacted me through ebay to say it had arrived morning and how could they pay for the item as Id already issued the refund?
Whats the best way for me to deal with this? I cant ask them to send me the payment direct as I will fall foul of ebays rules, wont I?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,292 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A buyer complained that they had not recieved their item and as it looked reasonable to me that it should have arrived by now I refunded the buyer (and intended to put in a claim on my missing item - its £15 so just a POP)
    The day after they contacted me through ebay to say it had arrived morning and how could they pay for the item as Id already issued the refund?
    Whats the best way for me to deal with this? I cant ask them to send me the payment direct as I will fall foul of ebays rules, wont I?

You should have their email address either on eBay or in PayPal, just send them a PayPal invoice direct and only communicate through that email.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure