🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Investment advice on 20k +

Options
We have been saving some money for deposit on house and saving now stand at over 20k.

I am in no rush to buy the property plan to wait till house prices settle.

I have already taken out ISA both for me and my wife.

What do you guys things are my best option.

As this is all our life saving so I do not want to take too much of risk however would not mind spending some part of it in shares of bluechip companies.

Kind regards

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Investing should be considered for terms in excess of 5 years. You shouldnt consider a term less than that unless you are high risk in investment terms which you say you are not.

In which case, you should stick to savings accounts.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport