E: 31/10 Topcashback Trick or Treat

Options

Comments

• Jemmo1
    Jemmo1 Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am pretty sure the ones that come up on pages that aren't the daily clue are just random to that users session, so posting which ones they've been found on has no correlation with where anyone else might find them, other than confirming that company still uses Top Cashback.

I also think I have found a slight bug, if I run down the list of active pages from the beginning of this thread and open about 20 at a time in seperate tabs, I find if there is a bird in one and whizz through the others I'll find birds an most of them. Which leads me to think the randomness is based on the time stamp of each users cookies, and as several were opened at once the same stamp applied.

Just a theory
    2015 Wins: Nowt
    2016 Wins: Nowt...again
    2017 Wins: £50....HALLELUJAH
    2018 Wins: 2 Tickets for Doncaster Rovers :rotfl:
    2019 Wins: Nowt again (I must be doing something wrong)
    2020 Wins: Absolute Radio (Baked beans, Clubcard plus membership, bags of crisps, Google nest and an Ipad Pro)
  • Walter_Wall
    Options
    I agree with the first paragraph of your post. I'm not sure that I understand the second paragraph. Do you mean that you open several of the links in separate new PAGES so that they are all open at the same time?
  • JennyJukes
    Options
    Jemmo1 wrote: »
    I also think I have found a slight bug, if I run down the list of active pages from the beginning of this thread and open about 20 at a time in seperate tabs, I find if there is a bird in one and whizz through the others I'll find birds an most of them. Which leads me to think the randomness is based on the time stamp of each users cookies, and as several were opened at once the same stamp applied.

Just a theory
    Yes I've had this happen where I open multiple pages, get multiple birds but only get the same reward once (eg, all the birds are for PDEs but in checking my rewards I only get one PDE).

Generally when TCB runs these I get an actual treat (not a PDE) for my daily clue and PDE's for everything else but so far I've been getting PDEs even for daily clues! I have a broomstick, an eyeball and 26 PDEs!!! ???:mad: I mean, I know it's rigged in that everytime I play this usually I get at least one low-sum treat and by the end I have one missing from each of the higher ones but when I'm just getting PDEs it totally takes the fun out.
    Single woman doing it on my own... First house bought June 2021!
    Mortgage end date: 2041. Goal: Anything less!
    Mortgage currently paid off: 4%
  • tea25
    tea25 Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Last time I clicked on every link possible. I was 1 away from everything; didn't win, not even 10p lol so this time I'm just sticking to the daily clues.
  • compsinblue
    Options
    Just found a cauldron at https://www.topcashback.co.uk/currys/
  • Walter_Wall
    Options
    I often wonder how many people give up on this competition because they win nothing but a string of PDEs.
    PDEs are just a cheap way for the sponsors of the competition to spin it out over a couple of weeks, but it's a disappointment when you finally find a bird and all you get is another PDE
    You can finish up with a couple of hundred entries into the final draw, but you know full well that your chances of winning it are minimal. .
  • GarethRossUk
    Options
    Has anyone attempted to find the page where humming birds are born and just refresh from here?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure