We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Taking a limited company to court

Hi there,

First timer here so please be gentle with me! I’m hoping for some advice. To cut a long story short... bought a car 4 years ago, it suffered various catastrophic failures in the first 6 months, try as we might we couldn’t get the garage to fix the problem and in the end they flat out refused to deal with me. Due to various factors including debt and bereavement it has taken me this long to be able to afford to deal with it. I know that legally I have up to 6 years to make this claim. Anyway... wrote to the limited company address that is listed on companies house they never replied so a default judgement ccj was made against them. They are now appealing to have this set aside claiming that I sent the forms to the ‘wrong address’ instead of the car garage site (a different one). Now forgive me if I’m wrong but all advice given to me was to send it to the one that was the official conpany address, I mean they must have picked up the notice of CCJ, also sent to the official address. So what do I need to expect at this hearing? Is the judge going to want all the ins and outs of the case or is he/she purely there to decide if the defendant has good enough grounds for not replying?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.