Medicines - Bathroom or Kitchen

Options

Comments

• trailingspouse
    Options
    I'd never really thought about it - but I have some in a high kitchen cupboard, some in the bedside cupboards (hayfever and antacid, as I'm most likely to need those at night).

I also carry hayfever tablets in my handbag.

And I started carrying aspirin in my handbag too, after working at a GP surgery for a while. If someone having a heart attack can be given aspirin as soon as possible, it could make all the difference, so I started carrying some on me, just in case. The chances of me being in the right place at the right time is very small indeed, but if everyone did this lives could be saved.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • Mrs_pbradley936
    Options
    Bedroom because I have to take statin at night and a blood pressure tablet in the morning. Both are on my beside cabinet.

Things like painkillers, imodium, Rennies etc. are in a drawer in the dressing table and I have plasters, savlon, TCP and such in the kitchen in a drawer.
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,675 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I s'pose bathroom and kitchen are both bad because they are typically warm? A lot of meds state to store below 25 C but above freezing, so perhaps somewhere like a pantry or larder would be best? (Mine are all over the shop.)
  • Cash-Cows
    Cash-Cows Posts: 413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There's no option for "worst poll ever."
  • Moll27
    Options
    Kitchen. Don't have any cupboards in the bathroom!
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All those prescription ones that I need to take daily are on a shelf in my wardrobe in my bedroom, but other non essential medications are stored in the bathroom.

I also keep a First Aid box with plasters, bandages etc. in a storage cupboard in my inner lobby where I also keep toilet rolls & lightbulbs.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    Options
    We have a 'half height' cupboard in the kitchen above the sink where we store all the first aid items not currently being used, which is how I voted. I always have painkillers and antihistamine tablets in my bag, I often have antihistamine cream in there too (daughter reacts to various animals and other daughter to random foods). Then I have painkillers by my bed and a few other 'bits' in the bedroom. Finally my drawer at work always has painkillers and usually lemsip etc if I haven't used it up.

My children are old enough not to touch meds if they are on the side and also take the antihistamine if they need it and I am not around.
  • chesky
    chesky Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    Options
    In the kitchen, as I live alone and that's the most convenient. However, I did keep them in the bathroom after my three year-old daughter opened the kitchen drawer where the children's aspirin was stored and managed to open what was supposed to be the child-proof cap on the bottle and swallowed what was left in the bottle. All she said was 'I really like them mummy'. Stomach pumping was involved but, happy to say she's now 54 and shows no effect of her misadventure, but a lesson to us. Don't believe 'child-proof'.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Kitchen not enough room in the bathroom.

There are in a high cabinet my son can't reach. I try to keep one shelf for them but this seems to be growing into them having a dedicated cupboard!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Utility room in a high cupboard.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts