British gas back billing advice

Options
2»

Comments

• rommy
    rommy Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Just an update on the situation.

I did manage to get certificate of handover from my developer which they passed over to British Gas and they also provided the contact details of person who was dealing with this new development from Brtish Gas side.

I shared the information with BG. But they denied the evidence and said I should have called home move department directly and my developer (Lovell) sent this information to a different department in BG which only deals with new development planning. Brtish Gas claimed they only received information about my move on 09th of October 2019. But they have not told me who provided this informatin even though I asked multiple time.

Anyways since December BG stopped responding to any correpondence I sent and forwarded my details to debt collection agency even though I had an offical complaint open. As I was not getting any where and they stopped responding, I forwarded the complaint to Obudsman last Saturday.

On Monday I missed call from BG and they left a voice mail saying they agree with my claim received via Obudsman and they would also offer me a goodwill gesture for lack of customer service( I never asked for any compensation). They promised to send me an email with proposal. But any never received anything.

Yesterday BG updated Obudman portal and completly back tracked from the previous compensation promise. When I asked BG what is going on they said they made an error agreeing with me and will wait for Obudsman followup.

Now I am very confused with this situation and where I stand in all this. I do have the voice mail saved on the phone where BG representative to agree with my claim and to sort out back billing. Does this account for anything?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure