We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Credit Karma / Trans Union

Hi,

Credit Karma and Trans Union's FAQ is a bit sparse;

These searches;

Affordability

Anti-Money Laundering

Consumer Credit File Request

Identity Check

Quotation/Preliminary Search

Can other lenders see them or is it just me and the person who performed the check?

I understood that on Equifax and Experian other people can't see the equivalent searches.
Thanks
JG

Comments

  • I believe the only type of search seen by other lenders is a credit application search...All other soft searches are not visible...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

    I love my job

    :smiley:
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Newshound!
    I believe the only type of search seen by other lenders is a credit application search...All other soft searches are not visible...

    I agree with this.
  • JGUK
    JGUK Posts: 222 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    Ah ok cool as the FAQ is very sparse on their file at the moment;

    https://www.creditkarma.co.uk/f-a-q

    So on Credit Karma/TransUnion all of those searches are not visible?

    Equifax/Experian I know soft type searches aren't visible to anyone but Credit Karma/TransUnion are a lot less specific about it.
    Thanks
    JG
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.