We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

NatWest and RBS to cancel 1,000s of PPI policies - check if you need yours - MSE News

Options
Former_MSE_Callum
Former_MSE_Callum Posts: 696 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
edited 10 October 2019 at 2:43PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland and Ulster Bank will cancel thousands of customers' PPI policies from midnight on 29 December - if you need a policy, you'll have to find another provider...
Read the full story:
'NatWest and RBS to cancel 1,000s of PPI policies - check if you need yours'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Link is broken....
  • Former_MSE_Callum
    Options
    Apologies should now be fixed
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The irony of posting this on a forum devoted to PPI refunds is not lost on me.

Clearly, these Banks have made a business decision to no longer offer a very toxic product which many people mistakenly believe it was somehow wrong to have in the first place.

There is no doubt these policies were expensive and limited in scope. I therefore truly doubt there will be "thousands" who still want credit card and loan PPI.
  • haras_nosirrah
    Options
    Few providers still offer ppi products because of the complaint risk. So those with policies being cancelled may not be able to get alternate cover.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How long before there are claims for compo for having your PPI cancelled I wonder?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport