Forum Home» In my home (includes DIY) MoneySaving» Is This Quote Fair?

composite door and extra wide electric garage door

New Post Advanced Search

composite door and extra wide electric garage door

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Is This Quote Fair?
4 replies 1.7K views
babyblade41babyblade41 Forumite
2.7K posts
Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Is This Quote Fair?
So you knowledgeably lot , I have had a quote for a custom fit composite front door with keypad entry and a steel electric up and over extra large double garage door . Supply and fit for 4600 Oxfordshire

Dimensions of door width 820mm x 2050mm
Dimension of garage width 3750 mm x 2080mm

I could get a few more quotes but I was quite happy with the quote or am I being stung ??

Replies

• Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've a wider door than that but a roller with remotes - bought from a local rather than the nationals. I bet you can half that £4600.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • babyblade41babyblade41 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robin9 wrote: »
    I've a wider door than that but a roller with remotes - bought from a local rather than the nationals. I bet you can half that £4600.

This wasn't; a big national, but looks like I need another quote then
  • redmalcredmalc Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a very nice composite front door with the long satin chrome handle fitted and a single up and over garage door fitted for £2900
  • babyblade41babyblade41 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update ... The first quote was 1600 for the door.. it isn't a normal width as its very narrow , it is keyless entry so was happy with the first quote but the garage was an extra wide double up and over electric door which was expensive as we needed a roller door .

Just had another 2 quotes and both the same at 4500 for electric roller doors . So although the first quote was cheaper it wasn't what we wanted so have gone more expensive but our exact requirements

Also it has to be outside mounted or we would have had to move a lot of water pipes and lose the overhead vaults in the garage