IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ukcpc

Options
I got a parking charge from UKCPS on 27/07/19, I appealed within the 21 day period, they acknowledged my correspondence on 14/08/19, but said they were "unable to process your Appeal/Transfer of Liability from Registered Keeper to a named driver at this stage due to not providing one of the following"
* Full name
* Full address and postcode
*A signature giving the authorisation to make the changes
In the first instance I told them I was the driver, my letter clearly stated my name and address and I signed the letter.
I got the charge because I was 8 minutes over the parking period. I wasn't disputing that though. I was explaining that I had displayed my blue badge and asked if this could be taken into consideration on this occassion.
I provided more information as requested in the letter and waited. The next letter arrived saying I was outside the 21 day period and the charge was still outstanding. When I phoned them, the girl was like a robot repeating that I was outside the 21 day period, blah, blah, blah.
But surely, if they required more information shouldn't they have put the appeal on Standstill ? whilst I provided further evidence.?
I went to see a solicitor today and he has advised I call them again, but I know I'll get short change and the same answer as last time. Today I received a final demand and an extra £30 added on.
Please can someone help TIA

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    its either pay in full or fight them in court, no easy answer as its an unregulated industry where almost anything goes

the BB doesnt count on private land , only the EA2010 does

the 8 MINUTES seems to be within the GRACE PERIOD so if this went to court then GRACE PERIODS and the EA2010 are useful defence points

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN EASY GET OUT , THERE ISNT ONE , I AM AFRAID

UKCPS have 6 years to try a court claim
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills