We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Monzo credit report

Hi everyone,

I've had a Monzo account for a year, and am thinking about applying for the £1,00 overdraft. However. as I've just opened a credit card, I'm reluctant to do so because I fear Equifax and Experian will mark it down as a new account.

I don't want it to look like I'm struggling because I'm opening 2 new accounts in a short space of time. Will Equifax/Experian backdate the Monzo account to last year or will it show as a completely new account? TransUnion isn't an issue because they've always had the account on file.

Thank you

Comments

  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,383 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    It"ll only look like you're struggling if you use it.
  • £1 or £100?
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Newshound!
    If the account is currently reported only to Trans Union then the chances are it will continue to be reported only to Trans Union. There is no reason that adding an overdraft facility will cause it to be reported to additional CRA's.
    Are you really applying for an overdraft facility of £1
  • TheVeeg
    TheVeeg Posts: 5 Forumite
    Should be 1000. When you get approved on an overdraft, it changes the account into a full current account, which means they have to report to all credit reference agencies.

    Seeing as nobody really knows the answer I'll leave it. Thanks for your help
  • TheVeeg wrote: »
    Should be 1000. When you get approved on an overdraft, it changes the account into a full current account, which means they have to report to all credit reference agencies.

    Seeing as nobody really knows the answer I'll leave it. Thanks for your help

    Monzo is already a "full current account".
    Adding the overdraft does purely that - adds an overdraft to an already existing "full" current account.

    What do you want the overdraft for?
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Newshound!
    TheVeeg wrote: »
    Should be 1000. When you get approved on an overdraft, it changes the account into a full current account, which means they have to report to all credit reference agencies.

    Seeing as nobody really knows the answer I'll leave it. Thanks for your help

    Where did you obtain this incorrect information? Unless Monzo have specifically stated something to this effect in relation to their full current accounts with an overdraft facility then this is simply not true.

    As it appears that you do alrerady know the answer (or at least the answer you want to hear) then best to leave it.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.