We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Five years down the line
momoramone
Posts: 1 Newbie
we defaulted on all our debt 5 years ago but used CAB to set up DMP and have kept it up to date.
In the last year we've picked off all the smaller debts ( under 5k) but still have some big ones running.
What happens at the 6 year point ( in Scotland?) When I spoke to Santander this morning they said my defaults would clear off the credit report and we could start from scratch.
That would be amazing as I'm working again and if we could get a remortgage to escape the clutches of NRAM we would be in a much better position.
p.s I know I still have to pay the debts off
Mo
In the last year we've picked off all the smaller debts ( under 5k) but still have some big ones running.
What happens at the 6 year point ( in Scotland?) When I spoke to Santander this morning they said my defaults would clear off the credit report and we could start from scratch.
That would be amazing as I'm working again and if we could get a remortgage to escape the clutches of NRAM we would be in a much better position.
p.s I know I still have to pay the debts off
Mo
0
Comments
-
Since your accounts are old, I recommend submitting a CCA request for each eligible account. I believe the need to have compliant paperwork is the same in Scotland as it is for England and Wales.
Debts - why, how & when to ask for the CCA
I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.
I love my job
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
