IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Parking ticket help

Options
Hi I know there are 7 million posts asking for help with a private parking ticket and unfortunately this one is no different. My other half got a ticket and turns out it is a private driveway to someone’s property they have fined him for parking on. Apparently the people there use com to charge people for parking there. It is in a market square with a lot of shops and it is no way clear that it is someone’s driveway. Is this anyway enforceable I have seen a lot of articles recently to say there is nothing you can do if someone parks on your driveway except start a civil case against them. The other half was only parked there for maybe 10 mins when he picked up a takeaway and at no point did they ask him to move when they came out to take the photos? Which he would have if asked!! What do people think should we ignore it as surely it is down to the homeowners to take us to court rather than a parking fine company??
MORTGAGE DEC 2010 - £132617.97:(
2011 O/P Target £3026/£2200
2012 Target 2000/2200
Mortgage end date july 2042
Target end date july 2030 (when i'm 45 if not earlier)

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your probably better posting it on the parking board.
  • kimbo26
    kimbo26 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oops thought I had
    MORTGAGE DEC 2010 - £132617.97:(
    2011 O/P Target £3026/£2200
    2012 Target 2000/2200
    Mortgage end date july 2042
    Target end date july 2030 (when i'm 45 if not earlier)
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    They are entitled to employe a parking company if they own the land. Why they would want to is another issue.

Look for the Newbies thread and send the template. Which parking company is this?
  • Wanderingpomm
    Options
    How did they get your details? I didn’t think that anyone could go to the dvla for them? You need a licence? If it’s just a note on the car ignore it
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    How did they get your details? I didn’t think that anyone could go to the dvla for them? You need a licence? If it’s just a note on the car ignore it

IIMU that anyone can obtain keeper details from the dvla if they have a valid reason.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport