IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

UKPC parking charge not a bb holder

Options
Hello, new around here. I've recently managed to get myself a parking charge by deliberately parking in a disabled space in a private property car park without a BB, exact date (28/08/19) Family members have told me to ignore the parking charge as it's a scam, also research has said the same thing.. however after ignoring it I have recieved a letter titling "Notice to Keeper" today and now I am unsure on whether I should keep ignoring this charge or just pay it ASAP? OR is there anything I can do to avoid the £100 charge? Many thanks.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the research and family members are foolish , these invoices can be enforced in a court of law and especially if the driver parked in a disabled bay without having a BB or not disabled under the EA2010 and no permission to park either - a judge would take a very dim view of anyone parking in this manner

READ THE NEWBIES FAQ STICKY THREAD NEAR THE TOP OF THIS FORUM for NTK advice, and stop listening to foolish and ill educated uninformed people who havent got a clue about this topic

that NEWBIES thread tells you the facts, please read it
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I think that, if this got to court, you might struggle. If you can still pay at the lower rate it might be more cost effective imo.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    and don't ever ever ... ever park in a blue badge / disabled bay with out a badge or disability .....

its people acting like this that gives the scamming PPC's a tiny bit of credibility

its a good job that we dislike the PPC's so much that we will try and help you :cool:

Ralph:cool:
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The BB scheme doesn't apply on private land, but parking in a disabled parking space without at least one occupant of the vehicle being disabled is both foolish and selfish.
    Doing so is one of the reasons these scammers exist.

The advice to ignore a PCN has not been given here since the law changed in 2012.

If you want to fight this then all the information you need is in the sticky thread for NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SaggyMike wrote: »
    I've recently managed to get myself a parking charge by deliberately parking in a disabled space in a private property car park without a BB

Deliberately parking in a disabled space .....?? Interesting use of words! You make it sound as if you did this out of malice.

It's not okay to park in disabled spaces if you don't need them ... but you may have had your reasons. Might be as well to say what they were 'cos people might feel more comfortable helping you once you've explained.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport