We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Forgot to change address with phone & car company!

Hi, I’m totally new to this, it’s my first ever post so please be kind😆 I moved back home a couple of months ago and at the time I thought I’d changed my address with all the important people, including electoral roll etc. It just turns out I missed a couple - my mobile phone company and also the finance company I have my car loan with. I have rectified these with both companies now, however my question is will this affect my credit score / the chances of me having a mortgage application accepted? Especially with me not having a ‘perfect’ credit score, not due to any ‘bad’ credit as such, just because I’m young and the only credit I’ve ever had is my car loan so I don’t have a huge credit history! I’m applying for a mortgage in the next few weeks which has me stressed upto the eyeballs anyway and this is just something else for me to worry about. Both accounts are still showing on my credit report, just as the old address. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!😁

Comments

  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,383 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Don't worry about any impact on the pretend credit score.

    If you've now updated all your addresses, that's all you need to do.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Newshound!
    Forget about the credit score it is meaningless.
    Having accounts at different addresses could potentially cause lenders some concern so ensure that they are all at the same address, which should be the address where you are on the ER.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.