No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2019

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    DD finished the Nivea Caramel Lip Butter I gave her a while ago and she has taken a Blistex Raspberry Lemondade one from my stash to replace it.

Painted my nails last night with Barry M Vintage Violet. My nails are really strong at the moment and the cuticles look really neat, hope they stay that way.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One GA today:

Pixi Vitamin-C Tonic 100ml This wasn't agreeing with my skin and a friend wanted to try it, so I gave them the rest of it.
  • sstevo19
    One UU tonight:

Oral B Satin Tape 25m WDBA and will do. Cheap and effective.
  • London_baby
    London_baby Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 October 2019 at 11:10PM
    Uus:

Soap & Glory Summer Scrubbin' body scrub: WBA, smells lovely & lathers well. Have two more in stash.

Loss/missing burt's bee lip balm: I think I dropped it whilst passing through security. WMBA, if on special offer.

Few ins from Slovenia:

Afrodita Silikon Elixir Pro-repair
    Afrodita vitain e haiir oil
    Mel honey ointment cream
  • sstevo19
    One OUT today:

Colgate Total Advanced Pure Breath Toothpaste 75ml I'm sorry, but this tastes like soap. It has a weird soap/parma violet taste at the same time. I'm going to move it out of my stash but I'm going to leave it in my bathroom for my family members to use.

Two INS today:

Colgate Total Original Toothpaste 75ml
    Oral B Satin Tape 25m

My normal Sensodyne toothpaste isn't leaving my mouth feeling fresh any more. The Colgate Total samples I tried were good, but I thought by trying the Pure Breath one might help more but it didn't help at all.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    So, I scraped the contents of my Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick into a separate pot yesterday and it is now a beautiful bronze colour. It has filled the pot though so there is still a lot of product left.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    My 12 pans of Christmas Challenge update

Shower gel - still untouched (STILL. Intend to use this to wash brushes. Washed them at weekend using a baby shampoo which is almost done so should start this soon).

Corresponding body cream - ditto - STILL

Eye cream - used since beginning of challenge. Will need to start contorting tube every which way to release product soon.

[STRIKE]Tweak’d hair mask - FINISHED[/STRIKE]

Essie cuticle scrub - consciously using more.

[STRIKE] Primark Pomegranate and Black Tea fragrance - FINISHED[/STRIKE]

Smashbox Full Exposure palette. Shimmery shadow FINISHED
    Dip in matte shade. Dip no bigger.

Rich Girl from Too Faced Chocolate Gold. Have hit pan so hopefully can finish.
    Colourpop Supershock shadow Birthday Cake - used a few times. Pan does not appear to be expanding!

[STRIKE]MAC On The Line lipgloss - FINISHED.[/STRIKE] MAC Dare You lipstick in constant use.

NARS Gilda and Outlaw blushers. Still ongoing (as ever). Can see dips though.

Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick - as per last post, this has now been depotted.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Dental UUs:

Ecodenta whitening toothpaste with bergamot & lemon: WMBA, don't see a difference in colour despite claims that it is made for tea drinkers & smokers. However, I like the taste and texture. I have one more in the stash.

Oral b satin tape - HG
  • VALM wrote: »
    So, I scraped the contents of my Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick into a separate pot yesterday and it is now a beautiful bronze colour. It has filled the pot though so there is still a lot of product left.

I have the Seventeen shimmer brick which is supposed to be a dupe for this. I've had it for years, dug it out recently and been using it for a month and it still looks untouched :cry:

UU: L'oreal brow mascara. Does the job without looking too obvious against my blonde hair. Was starting to apply very patchily and I need something a bit darker for winter.

I also hit pan on an eyeshadow!! Just a brown one in a Revlon quad, but I'm happy.
  • VALM
    I have the Seventeen shimmer brick which is supposed to be a dupe for this. I've had it for years, dug it out recently and been using it for a month and it still looks untouched :cry:

If I had to guess as to when MRM bought me the Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick I'd say it was approximately 2002 (which was when I first got into skincare and makeup). I don't ever remember being wowed by it however pulled it out at the beginning of this year to pan and it has probably taken 10 solid months to achieve that. To be honest, I just want it done now. Won't miss it when it's finished.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family