Options
124»

Comments

• Brian65
    Brian65 Posts: 255 Forumite
    edited 22 November 2019 at 8:30AM
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    X-O is a pure consumer stockbroker, i.e. will trade anything listed on the LSE, no funds available.

It's parent Jarvis Securities does trade funds. However it's fee structure is targeted at a different target audience.

They also run the sharedealing services for Building Societies, and custody services for other stockbrokers etc.. https://markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/profile?s=JIM:LSE
    But most people have never heard of them because they don't advertise
  • _RCC_
    Options
    When looking through the fine print of these 4 funds (VWRL, VWRA, VWRD and VWRP) the investment structure seems to be an Irish UCITS, domiciled in Ireland with it's tax status being "Germany, UK Reporting".  It appears that means they are subject to "excess reportable income" as they are treated as offshore investments.  And that needs reporting to HMRC.  Not sure if it does if the funds are held in ISAs but seems to be the case if not.
    The closest fund that is UK domiciled seems to be Vanguard FTSE Global All Cap Index Fund GBP Acc (BD3RZ58).  
    Be grateful for any thoughts, views or explanations around this.
  • tranquility1
    Options
    Anyone here invested in VWRP, and know how it's performance compares with VLS100 and HSBC All World?

As someone who is hooked on checking my investments everyday, I quite like the fact that VWRP is an ETF and therefore is updated live, as oppose to VLS100 and HSBC All World which has days of lag as they aren't live.

• grumiofoundation
    Options
    Anyone here invested in VWRP, and know how it's performance compares with VLS100 and HSBC All World?

As someone who is hooked on checking my investments everyday, I quite like the fact that VWRP is an ETF and therefore is updated live, as oppose to VLS100 and HSBC All World which has days of lag as they aren't live.

You are replying to a thread started in Sep 2019 by the way - probably easier to start a new one.

Although since you can compare the past performance of all 3 investments by comparing the past performances there isn't a lot more to say i guess...

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OEICs are priced daily (on working days) so time your checking to be after the price updates if you really feel the need to monitor that closely - while anything traded in real time will obviously entail live pricing, the ability to monitor more frequently than daily would be an odd reason to favour ETFs over OEICs when making fundamental investment strategy decisions!

Comparative analysis, including charts, etc, is readily available via most full-feature platforms and independent sites such as Trustnet and Morningstar....
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2021 at 6:26PM
    Options
    pip895 wrote: »
    HMWO is good - slightly out performs VWRL - presumably because of the lower fees.
    HMWO tracks a different index, which excludes emerging markets.

In some periods it's true that the HSBC product would outperform (if emerging markets have a hard time), and in others it would underperform against a more comprehensive index such as FTSE All-World or FTSE Global All-Cap or MSCI ACWI.

As emerging market economies might be expected to offer higher long term growth rates than developed ones (huge populations while the companies there have lower price/earnings ratios then those listed on stock markets which which have already matured), it would be a strange choice to shun those countries in order to save a few basis points of fees.
    I've recently become aware of an impending problem, which is that when I retire in (probably 3 years) I will be in the 60% tax band if I continue with my current strategy. But in looking for a solution, I (think) I've found one that not only solves it but also is something that I should have been doing anyway. Previously my equity investments have been for income, disregarding capital growth. If I rebalance my portfolio to include equity growth investments, it solves the 60% tax band problem. 

So I intend to invest in both VWRL and HMWO, could you (or anyone else) suggest similar etf's that I could look at?
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback