🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Existing Bradford and Bingley customers getting latest rate

Options
Perhaps I am a naïve fool, but for a long time I thought that the interest rate on my internet savings account would reflect the changes in advertised rates. I decided to check and the rate I was actually getting and it was about 1 percent less than the current rate. I emailed B&B and they gave me this method of transferring to the latest rate.

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

If you would like to open a new Internet Saver account with funds from your existing eSavings account, you may do so by following the below instructions:

1. From our home page at www.bradford-bingley.co.uk, click on the Online option which can be found towards the bottom of the screen under the Savings heading.
2. Click on the Info button which is located next to the Internet Saver heading.
3. This page displays all the information about this account. If you are happy with this, you can click the Apply Now button towards the bottom of the page.
4. You will be taken to the secure application form which will ask you for your personal information as well as information about opening your account. Simply follow this form through and fill in the information requested.
5. On the first page of the application your existing account number will be requested, please enter the seven digits which are located in the middle of your thirteen-digit account number. If you have more than one account number, please enter the one attached to your newest eSavings account.
6. Later on during the application you will be asked how you would like to fund the account. There is no option to choose to fund the account using money from your eSavings account, however if you select the Cheque option and enter a value of ??1 it will allow you to continue with the application process. Please note that this will not mean that we require a cheque from you, this is simply a requirement in order to be able to continue with the application.
7. Once you have completed the application your new account will be matched up to your existing user ID, and providing there are no problems with your application, your new account will be available to view within four working days.
8. Finally you can move your funds across to your Internet Saver account by logging in to your existing account and selecting Money Out. In the list of destination accounts you will see your new Internet Saver account number (starting with 20A). If you choose to move the whole balance of your account then the confirmation screen will ask if you are sure you wish to close your account. Leaving the box ticked will close your account and transfer any accrued interest over to your new Internet Saver account.

Comments

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Basically it's up to you to check that you are getting the best return on your investment regardless of which company you are dealing with.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport