Errors on Motor Insurance Database

Options
Hi.
I wonder if any of the experienced folks on here can help with a very tricky problem.
For once my DH listened to my nagging and used a comparison site for car insurance renewal rather than auto renewing with the same provider.
All went well, and he received quotes that were more than competitive, including one from the company I use, one for (coughs) "older people" . He decided to go for that one as there was the possibility of a further small discount as there would be more than one car in the household with them.

During the course of buying the policy he was asked to phone- not unusual when taking out a policy,

However, he was completely gobsmacked to hear that there were two first party claims registered against him from 2016 , policies with @viv@, which he has never used, in fact, at that time he was a company car driver. S@g@ will not progress the policy as things are.

He has called @viv@ who cannot help him as they have no policies registered in his name, the insurance company he is proposed with will not continue without the information.He is also now concerned, that as he is a named driver on my car, which is with them, they might try to say that he has not fully disclosed information to them in the event of any claim.

He has been in touch directly again with MID who have told him to send a SAR which he has done but could take 30 days.

in the meantime his insurance has expired, his MOT is due at the end of the month and he feels completely stuck. Any new application seems impossible as at best he is likely to be asked for information that he is not able to give , and at worst would need to say that he has had insurance refused.

WE were the victims of ID fraud in 2015 when post was repeatedly stolen from our external mailbox over a period of some months, we wonder if it may have something to do with that.

We would be very grateful to hear any suggestions or if anyone else has been in a similar position and solved it.

L x

Comments

• Penelopa.Pitstop
    Options
    I suggest to make car SORN if possible, because he will get fine for lack of insurance.
  • TooManyPoints
    Options
    I suggest to make car SORN if possible, because he will get fine for lack of insurance.
    Very sound advice. He should also keep the vehicle off the road (or he will face a charge of making a false SORN declaration). This is obviously not going to be sorted quickly.
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Or perhaps renew with his existing insurer while this is all getting sorted out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure