Johnson's Holiday Skin Body Lotion BOGOF in Superdrug

Options

Comments

• kelly82_2
    Options
    I had never heard of this lotion until i visited a friend a couple of weeks ago when i saw a bottle on the side. I had to go out and buy some to try. I brought 4 bottles of normal/dark (bogof in superdrug). I was under the impression that your tan builds up over a couple of weeks. This morning after showering, i quickly applied (lack of time in!) this moisturiser. I thought nothing more of it until i got home. I must say i have a dark patch across my arm now! If only i had known....i'll make sure it's all rubbed in properly from now on, no more speeding applications! LOL
  • yenners
    yenners Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    lifeslove, I have not tried the normal to dark formula, am currently using the light/fair version and it has given me quite a good colour after only 3 applications, so you might want to be a little careful about how much you apply. Maybe mix in a bit of body lotion to dilute it?
    Not buying clothes for a year - it's liberating!
  • vonlance
    vonlance Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    hey peeps,

i've used almost a bottle but decided to stop...

the colour it gives is nice but when i wipe down after a shower, it really comes off!!

is there a technique to when and how to apply the lotion? this is the first time i'm trying a fake tan...
  • kelly82_2
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed the smell after applying the lotion? It's like the smell you get when you have been on the sunbed. I think I will only apply the lotion at night now so i dont go round smelling all day! Also, has anyone used the lotion on their face yet?
  • jan_3
    jan_3 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hi kelly
    I to have noticed "the fake tan smell" i think when you are applying any fake tan you are always better exfoliating your skin first. I would say this applys to your face as well. i would never apply fake tan without exfoliating first.my motto is less is best you can always build up on your tan once you have got the hang of it.and yes i have used it on my face but only a small amount and its been fine.I really dont think you can ever get away with the fake tan smell every one i'v used has always had that funny smell.

hope this helps in your quest for the perfect tan

jan
  • lifeslove
    lifeslove Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone any idea when this offer finishes ? My 'tan' is now showing and it's quite natural looking (never tried any kind of fake tan before and wouldn't use sunbeds) so I'm thinking I should stock up.
  • kelly82_2
    Options
    Lifeslove,
    The offer ends at Superdrug tomorrow. In boots they are £5 each. I have 3 bottles of normal/dark lotion, have used it twice but im thinking of getting rid of 2 bottles, i cant stand the smell of it!
  • lifeslove
    lifeslove Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    kelly82 wrote:
    Lifeslove,
    The offer ends at Superdrug tomorrow. In boots they are £5 each. I have 3 bottles of normal/dark lotion, have used it twice but im thinking of getting rid of 2 bottles, i cant stand the smell of it!
    Thanks Kelly, I really don't notice a smell from it to be honest. well it looks like I'm off to the new superdrug in Edinburgh tomorrow after all. I managaed to get the light/normal stuff there on Friday.
  • pesky2
    pesky2 Posts: 2,191 Forumite
    Options
    Will have to Visit Superdrug tomorrow
  • Alison_B
    Alison_B Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A friend bought a bottle of this off Ebay for £5.50 plus £1.50 p&p on a Buy It Now at the end of May. It was classed as very rare. Might be worth putting some up for sale if you can get hold of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure