Smart Energy Liquidation - Utilita - What Happening?

Options
Re: Energy Smart Liquidation
We are very confused. Can someone please help as we can't find another tread on this here?
We were with Energy Smart until they ceased trading.
We have received correspondence from ‘Utilita’ dated 16/09/2019 stating:
1.We became ‘Utilita’ customers on 11/09/2019.
2.Our Energy supply transfers to ‘Utilita’ 18/09/2019
3.The price we will pay can be found at utilita help our-tarriffs - It cannot be found because nowhere on the correspondence we have does it state the tariff we have been allocated – We are expecting to be placed on a high tariff so utilita can max out their revenues against us before we have the chance to jump onto a more reasonable tariff ?
4.We do not have a smart meter so how can we provide a reading and how can utilita reconcile our bill to date?
5.Our allocated Customer reference is not recognised when we attempt to register on the utilita.co.uk] web site – 54587 xx xx xx?
6.We are not filled with confidence on this; can anyone out there enlighten us on what the hell’s going on?
Many thanks
Richard

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    <We do not have a smart meter so how can we provide a reading and how can utilita reconcile our bill to date?>

how do you normally read your meters and submit ??
  • Speedster2
    Options
    I think you mean that you were supplied by Eversmart, the energy supplier that stopped trading at the beginning of the month. OFGEM appointed Utilita to take over all the accounts Eversmart ran.

I got my first email from Utilita on 12 September. One of the bullet points in this was

Eversmart customers will move to our Smart Energy tariff. You’ll receive information about your tariff and prices shortly.

So the answer to your question is in the title of the thread - Smart Energy

I've now had 3 emails that haven't given any further information and one letter that was the same as their email, referring me to Tariff tables on their website.
  • Speedster2
    Options
    Oh @RichNKate , my letter was also on 16 September and on the back of page 1 the tariff is listed in the yellow and the blue shaded sections.

You don't need a Smart meter to take a reading as JJ Egan says.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure