IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Is this a 'golden ticket'?

Options
Hello I'd appreciate any advice please…possible ‘golden ticket’ but not sure.

I got a PCN ‘reminder’ through the post from Parking Eye yesterday (23rd) with the following details:

Date of event: 07/09/19
Date issued: 11/09/2019
Date: 20/9/2019.

I’m presuming they sent an initial letter as this is a ‘reminder’ – but I never received one. The letter makes no mention of POFA so if this is the first letter, they are surely, ‘out of time’ to pass on liability to registered keeper? Ie outside the 14 days? ie clock starts day after the event, the 8th and they have 14 days, 8+14=22.

Will Parking Eye just say, ‘we sent a letter’ not our problem the post service is crap/our letter arrived on the 22nd (it didn’t). Will Popla just agree with them does anyone know from past experience?

People on here have helped me in the past with advice about avoiding paying unfair PCNs, so asking for again.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I got a PCN ‘reminder’ through the post

Is this a 'golden ticket'?
    NEVER consider the 'reminder' as important - it's not. This is NOT a golden ticket.
    The letter makes no mention of POFA
    A reminder is a piece of nothing, so it wouldn't mention POFA - normally, I bin the reminders so as not to mistake them for the real PCN that was sent first (I know you didn't get it. but it WAS sent).
    so if this is the first letter,
    It's not.
    Will Parking Eye just say, ‘we sent a letter’ not our problem the post service is crap
    Yes, and they will include a copy of it, and YES they will have sent one.
    Will Popla just agree with them does anyone know from past experience?
    Yes.

You need to get this cancelled by complaint to the retailer/hotel/hospital/landowner.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 September 2019 at 9:50AM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    (I know you didn't get it. but it WAS sent).

I reckon quite a few people have got 'reminders' first recently yet, as is often said, many of us find that post only rarely goes missing. It just seems ever so convenient for P.E.'s NTK to go AWOL.

There again OP, is there anything less than perfect about your correspondence reception system?!

Completely agree the way forward is landowner cancellation if at all possible. Do you know who to complain to?

But .... but ... how frustrating!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Nine times out of ten of these tickets are scams so consider complaining to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Thanks again, as ever, for your advice. I'm afraid I don't know who the land owner is and have not looked yet. It was a ParkingEye car park in the centre of Leeds (a notorious one). I don't think PE would operate from there without a proper contract.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    that car park comes up on here almost every week, read their accounts and I am sure you will find issues with landowner contracts for that particular car park - what you think is irrelevant , these cases deal in facts , not supposition
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport