• woolythoughts
    Options
    I'm going to the canaries on the 31st!
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    That's fine if you're told to stay put at the resort but often people are required to turn up for a flight that just gets delayed and delayed and delayed.

Personally it the week spanning 31st October was the only time I could get leave then I'd book if you can find something that's good value. It might be better waiting a short while as if people refuse to pay the inflated post Thomas Cook prices then the cost might come down a bit.

It's all speculation though and if you want to be safe then have a holiday in the UK.

I still had to go to the airport and waited for a bit, but managed to get my flight rearranged quickly and went back to the town I stayed in.

Easyjet refunded me all of my additional costs - about 100 euros for everything (new bus booking from airport, food, travel to the town.etc)

I would never go abroad without having some contingency money - or a credit card for emergencies!
  • onwards&upwards
    onwards&upwards Posts: 3,423 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 October 2019 at 9:14AM
    Options
    cubegame wrote: »
    Why would anyone worry about getting stuck in their holiday destination? Free extra holiday....duh!

I’d have thought that too until I had a flight cancelled and instead of an extra day of my holiday I had 4 hours sleep in an airport hotel, 3 hours back at the same airport then 2 uncomfortable flights with a 5 hour gap in between at a different airport an hour away and a long taxi journey from the UK airport we landed at to the airport my car was parked at!

It was a pain, and exhausting, so while I know it’s not the worst thing that can happen abroad I do have a bit more sympathy now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure