Amigo Loans Irresponsible lending complaints thread

Options
robboa
robboa Posts: 28 Forumite
First Post
Hi all

Now you can complain against this horible company to the ombudsman and with over 83 percent of cases siding with the creditor - i thought i'd start this thread for success stories.

Comments

• ndf9876
    ndf9876 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm going to assume you actually mean debtor; 83% in favour of the creditor would mean complaints against Amigo Loans would have been mostly in their favour.

Anyway, surely Amigo Loans have been regulated by the FCA for a while now?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,966 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ndf9876 wrote: »

From FCA register :

Status Effective Date This is the date from which the Current Status has applied :

22/06/2016
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    robboa wrote: »
    Hi all

Now you can complain against this horible company to the ombudsman and with over 83 percent of cases siding with the creditor - i thought i'd start this thread for success stories.
    ndf9876 wrote: »
    I'm going to assume you actually mean debtor; 83% in favour of the creditor would mean complaints against Amigo Loans would have been mostly in their favour.

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/data-insight/ombudsman-decisions:

from 20th September 2017 to 20th September 2019: 8 complains upheld; 41 complains not upheld.
  • glennstar
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    From FCA register :

Status Effective Date This is the date from which the Current Status has applied :

22/06/2016

Amigo was originally registered by the FSA. All companies with a lapsed Interim Permission were migrated from the FSA to the FCA in 2015/2016. They were issued an Interim Permission and then had to apply for their lending license again, hence the 2016 date.
    The views expressed here are my own. I am not a Solicitor nor am I affiliated with any of the parties I mention. If you disagree with any of my comments please say in whatever way feels most natural to you. No one self improves in a bubble!
  • glennstar
    Options
    Hi all

Have you had a success story? It seems odd you might want to single Amigo out if you haven't had a relationship with them. Why are they a "horible company"? I could probably come up with a good list, but I'm interested in your motivation.
    The views expressed here are my own. I am not a Solicitor nor am I affiliated with any of the parties I mention. If you disagree with any of my comments please say in whatever way feels most natural to you. No one self improves in a bubble!
  • robboa wrote: »
    Hi all

That nasty company, lending money to people and then expecting it to be paid back. Outrageous!

It's the people who are so terrible with money and drag their friends and family into paying their debt off that are horrible. Is there anything more !!!!less than persuading someone to guarantee a loan and then not paying it?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    and with over 83 percent of cases siding with the creditor - i thought i'd start this thread for success stories.
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    from 20th September 2017 to 20th September 2019: 8 complains upheld; 41 complains not upheld.

OP are you hoping some of the 8 successful claimants are on here to share their story?
  • Oh behave, you really think some of the darlings at the FOS who now have to work as late as 8pm (they never use to) are really that bit interested.

Go on, try ringing past 6pm and note the quality you might speak to.
  • onwards&upwards
    Options
    That nasty company, lending money to people and then expecting it to be paid back. Outrageous!

At nearly 50% interest, you don’t think that’s outrageous?
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Personally, I do not think 50% is outrageous. Their target market are for borrowers with a poor credit history. Borrowers who are unable to get a loan without a guarantor. The borrower has the choice whether or not to accept the lenders terms and conditions.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family