Daring to face the future.

13»

Comments

• Justforme
    Justforme Posts: 137 Forumite
    #9/20 NSD today nearlying half way through month so may just hit my target. Have my grand puppy next two weekends so won't be any wandering other than dog walks, fingers crossed for a nice easy rest of month.

Work went quickly today, was quite busy and spent quiet moments reading diaries, inspirational indeed. DS was in after school club until 5th Pyrography tonight, and hubby had made a lovely bbq chicken, mash and veg all from stores. He is being taken out to see a band with his boss and work mates Wednesday evening a nice surprise, luckily he will use his pocket money but theres a few quid in bank if needed but I am aiming for a NSD for definite where possible this week.

Sat watching Walking dead but it's boring the @S's off me this season already, hmm hope it picks up a bit. Going to pack lunches for tomorrow shower and snuggle into a nice warm bed.

Budget has been set from now until Christmas a liveable budget, in the past I go hell for leather for a few months then quit and go spend crazy for a few months, but don't have that option now this is how it's got to be living within our means.

I have just seen the most gorgeous curtains on Facebook perfect sizes and colours and a grand total of £15 a pair of course it's a want not a need but was gifted £50 cash today for extra work completed and just may get them, they are still on sale in next for £70 a pair. The colours would lift living room and squash my need to decorate. I am still pondering on that one, my messenger isn't working so maybe that's a sign not to buy them eh.

Early night for me as Tuesdays are stupidly crazy in work.
    NST October #24.
    NSD 16/20
    £125/£150 Family Budget..
  • Hi just,

Thought I'd drop by to say hi. Pots look like great start To cover the child related costs. Have you thought about a birthday pot, just to help spread the cost as I find these always catch me out.

The curtains are a good buy and could you justify them by selling your old ones and some other surplus bits?

You've given me a kick to keep a record of my NSDs! Definitely need to make a target for next month.
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • Justforme
    Justforme Posts: 137 Forumite
    Wow, nearly two weeks since last time I sat with the laptop..

Up to 16/20 NSD now and don't have anything planned all weekend. In fact I am hoping to not leave the house apart from kids club Sunday am. 7 days until payday, also 7 days until the start of a new month, first month that I will be able to budget our normal everyday budget completely and start to get into a routine.

I did buy the curtains and they have changed my whole downstairs completely, all lovely bright and cheerful and to be honest I really don't want to decorate now at least until after Christmas. Diet is quite stagnant at the moment up a pound down a pound, infuriating. But only I can change things.

Hubby is away and my eldest boys on a stag doo all weekend so just me and my youngest, hassle free and hopefully a lazy jama day, really looking forward to turning my alarm off for the first time in probably 5/6 weeks. BLISS.

Had my park vouchers back yesterday and have a few ideas of what I want to use them for, we have a Christmas shopping day in a few weeks so need to really sort that list this weekend while I have no distractions. A local FB page for unneeded 'stuff' has been set up for us locals and it is amazing, items are snapped up within seconds of people putting them on the page, I have a lot of bits in shed and attic ready to go, so will start with that tomorrow, someone is coming to pick up a beanbag tomorrow and I have nabbed a few single bed sets still in packets amazing to see people stocking up on next size clothes or football boots for the local sports clubs and not a penny being asked for, less waste, less debt is def a win win situation.

Finally caved an ordered a new pair of shoes, bought clarks as know they will last the year at least and will help finish healing my planta fis which is still giving me some gip to be honest, the skechers aren't enough support to fully heal it. Be nice to stop the painkillers and cheaper.

Half-term here next week, save on school bus fare and school dinner money but fridge will need filling midweek no doubt.

Bills all paid today, only spends was £5.20 for bread and bits in corner shop, first time this week well since shopping was delivered last Sunday, not really a lot going on apart from work is constant at the moment so racing home for a lazy evening is even more tempting than usual.
    O and an extra hour in bed on Sunday :T All lunches have been from home as usual, and plenty here to get us through most of next week, and hopefully til payday.
    NST October #24.
    NSD 16/20
    £125/£150 Family Budget..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills