Lenovo tablet turns off after a few seconds

Options
Lenovo Tab TB2-X30F

Hello all, hope someone can help as I'm all googled out!

My son let his tablet fully discharge yesterday. I charged it overnight and it worked fine for 20 minutes or so this morning then shut down without warning. Since then I haven't been able to get it working again - it usually gets past the lenovo loading screen but shuts down a few seconds after the home screen appears. This happens regardless of whether it is plugged in or not (the battery seems to be charging okay).

I've tried the usual fixes, ie various combinations of holding power button and volume up/down for 30 seconds; soft reset using a paperclip; hard reset from the restore menu; opened it up and disconnected/reconnected the battery. I can't get it to start in safe mode (I could be doing it wrong - I think its power button until loading screen comes up then release and press volume down, but nothing happens).

Any other ideas would be most appreciated.

Comments

• that
    that Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    Options
    Personally no idea, but if in google you type 'Lenovo TB2-X30F tablet turns off after a few seconds' quite a few entries comes up, but you may have tried these already by the sound of it?
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Options
    This guy seems to think his ‘fix’ will work for most tablets that randomly shutdown;...it’s a bit left-field though! :doh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry9GJdlM2wM
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,071 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The battery is probably shot............just replace it
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got a similar problem with the second Nexus 7. Boots up, go to use it, and don't get more than a minute or so out of it. But for me, I can see and feel that the tablet is bulging (because the battery inside is bulging). £10 on eBay and a new battery is on the way...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure