NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Crack in brick below windowsill

I noticed a small crack through the middle of a brick just below a windowsill today. I think the crack has been there for a while but may have gotten wider / more noticeable?

I wonder if you could advise whether this is could a sign of something serious (structural movement / subsidence) or not.

It's a 1930s ex-council house.

I had a building survey done in May and all came back fine.

https:// imgur. com/a/Gnj2EEe (remove spaces)


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event

Ask your energy questions by Wed 5pm

MSE Forum