Cc company and collection agency can't find debt

Options
Hi,

My Dad passed away end of last year and we recently had probate granted, we did this ourselves. Accounts have been closed and now I'm trying to pay any outstanding debts.

There is one debt with Vanquis, I found a letter saying he had an account with them so informed them of the death, sent death certificate and received a letter confirming it had been passed on to 'Phillips & Cohen Associates'. I've just tried to contact them but they have no details of the debt. I've tried to then contact Vanquis who say they can't talk to me as I'm not a nominated person on the account - even though I sent them death certificate and informed them I was dealing with the estate.

Is there anything I can do? I'm happy to pay it but no one wants to talk to me or take the money.

Thanks

Comments

• awentford
    Options
    Been sorted now, Vanquis eventually found it and has been paid.
  • TcpnT
    TcpnT Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you tried getting through to a dedicated bereavement departmant at Vanquis. It is ridiculous for a financial company to claim that the cannot talk to the executor of an estate, assuming you are an executor.

I would phone again and try and get through to someone with better training.
  • TcpnT
    TcpnT Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Been sorted now, Vanquis eventually found it and has been paid.

Wow, that was a quick resolutuon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport