Forum Home» Energy

Switching from OVO with smart meter - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Switching from OVO with smart meter

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
13 replies 1.7K views
2»

Replies

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcFormer_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Malc, with your insider's hat on ,are you aware of ANY successful upgrades/adoptions into DCC on a larger scale? It seems to me that the positive Press releases from the Spring have not been updated which suggests (to me anyway :)) that small scale trials are still ongoing - I certainly haven't seen anyone on these fora claim that their dumb meters have started communicating again!:(

Hello brewerdave and I know we've been trialling SMETS1 upgrades over the last couple of months.

Early results are good albeit on a small scale at present. We've not done a large scale adoption yet. We're looking to start this in the last quarter of this year and the migration is expected to run through to December 2020. I don't know about other suppliers.

Sorry this is a bit vague brewerdave. I won't be able to be more specific until the trial is over and the full migration is underway.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcFormer_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Terry98 wrote: »
    Many thanks for the info Malc. You deserve a medal for communication:beer:

No worries Terry98. Happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • You can switch from OVO to Bristol Energy.
    They both use the same smart meters (Secure) and Bristol Energy can read them daily. Their current two year fixed tariff is significantly cheaper than the OVO renewal two year fixed tariff.
    Disclaimer
    The information contained in this posting reflects the views and opinions of the author. Links to other sites are not an endorsement of any company, or their products and services. No responsibility is taken by the author for any information posted, or contained on any linked website.