PPI tax refund

Does anyone know where I can get help to reclaim tax on PPI can't use telephone

Comments

  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    steinson wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get help to reclaim tax on PPI can't use telephone
    This is the disability part of the forum and not the place for this question. As you already posted your question on the PPI part of the forum I'm sure people there will be able to help you. No need to post the same question twice.

    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6047589
  • gbhxu
    gbhxu Posts: 331 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    This is the disability part of the forum and not the place for this question. As you already posted your question on the PPI part of the forum I'm sure people there will be able to help you. No need to post the same question twice.

    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6047589
    Sorry, I disagree.

    There are forum users, like me, that only look at certain sections. I would not have answered the question on the PPI section because I don't look on that part of the site.

    As for the answer to OPs question. They are out of time. Claims stopped on August 29th.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Are you wanting to claim back income tax deducted from a PPI repayment?

    If so you can get a face to face meeting
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tools/visits/visit-request.htm
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    gbhxu wrote: »
    Sorry, I disagree.

    There are forum users, like me, that only look at certain sections. I would not have answered the question on the PPI section because I don't look on that part of the site.

    As for the answer to OPs question. They are out of time. Claims stopped on August 29th.
    Those that post regular on certain parts of the forums help others for a reason in that particular forum because they have good knowledge, which is why each part is named.



    Posting a question that isn't relevant to that part of the forum means the person may not get the help they need.


    The OP didn't ask about claiming PP1, they asked about reclaiming tax on PPI...
  • I posted twice as I wasn't sure which forum to put it on
  • I was told I needed to register for this and the only way I could register was by calling I find using the telephone difficult I have a speech and hearing impediment.
  • bat19
    bat19 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    hi can get some advise please i got a ppi refund in 2017 from rbs i just want to know is can get a tax refund because was on disability benfit and my was claim uc for the two of us
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    bat19 wrote: »
    hi can get some advise please i got a ppi refund in 2017 from rbs i just want to know is can get a tax refund because was on disability benfit and my was claim uc for the two of us

    "If you believe you are owed tax back and haven't reclaimed it yet, you should use the "Claim a refund from tax deducted by savings and investment form" R40, available on the GOV.UK website.
    You can make a claim using the online service, or fill in the form on-screen, print it off and post it to HMRC.
    To use the online service, you need a Government Gateway user ID and password. If you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you use the service.
    If you use the online form, you’ll get a reference number you can use to track the progress of your claim.
    Should you need help, you can call the income tax helpline on 0300 200 3300."

    Is your Taxable Income below the £12,500 tax threshold?

    Was tax deducted from your PPI payment?

    If so complete a R40 form per above.

    How much was your PPI and your taxable income combined?
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    steinson wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get help to reclaim tax on PPI can't use telephone
    I was told I needed to register for this and the only way I could register was by calling I find using the telephone difficult I have a speech and hearing impediment.

    https://www.gov.uk/dealing-hmrc-additional-needs/deaf-hearing-impaired

    If you can't access the R40 form online.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards