Is a 30 Day Limit on Faulty Goods Legal?

Options
2»

Comments

• Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fallen121 wrote: »
    I'm picking up on this point because as you correctly point out, these threads are about educating people to be aware. And had I bought it on my laptop I would have done all the usual checks. But in order to get this offer I had to use my mobile phone because the offer came through a mobile only app. I had to click a link in the app and then purchase on my mobile. And when you do this you don't have the luxury of browsing the retailer's website.

So the link you clicked and bought it from didn't go to the website you linked too in the OP?
    I thought as you probably would have done, "What the heck, it's only£2.99". But I have younger friends who don't even USE laptops and do absolutely everything on their mobile phones. And as we're being encouraged to do more and more via mobiles and less and less via laptops and desktops so the opportunities for this type of scam increases. Perhaps we should be making more of this. Mobile phones are being sold as convenient alternatives to the laptop/desktop but we've known for years that they are much less secure and have limited functionality in terms of allowing you to wander off and check stuff out independently.

I disagree that mobile phones are less secure, if anything i would say they are more secure because they are more locked down and far less likely to get viruses and malware. Banks and other similar organisations also see them as more secure that's why they are used a 2FA devices and when you install the banking app you have less security to go through to access your account.

They can be slightly more difficult to use when you want to check out a website but i often use desktop view on my mobile to see website fully. There isn't really much you can't do on a mobile device these days but a lot of people would never bother.
  • fallen121
    fallen121 Posts: 900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 September 2019 at 11:42AM
    Options
    Takmon wrote: »
    So the link you clicked and bought it from didn't go to the website you linked to in the OP?

No it didn't. The offer came via a fitness app which I use which has "partnered" with the seller and the purchase was carried out via a series of popup windows hosted by the app which required you to click radio buttons to select the size, colour etc. You didn't get to pick from the whole range like you do on the website, just a limited selection. No doubt the ones they couldn't shift. No money changed hands other than for the postage where I was transferred to Paypal.
  • fallen121
    Options
    Getting a bit bored of everything I say being picked over and challenged by being quoted in bold type. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't really think this is developing into anything particularly useful and I don't feel that constantly being asked to justify everything I say and do is really helping to answer the question I originally posed.

Thanks to everyone who provided information about the company registration, legal and consumer rights and distance selling regulations. This has been useful and I really appreciate it.

Everyone else attempting to assert their superiority - yes, you're completely right and I'm completely stupid, wrong and misinformed. There....hope you feel better now.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Getting a bit bored of everything I say being picked over and challenged by being quoted in bold type. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't really think this is developing into anything particularly useful and I don't feel that constantly being asked to justify everything I say and do is really helping to answer the question I originally posed.

When i quote you i highlight the relevant bits i'm referring to in bold so you can quickly see what my response is too. You shouldn't consider this as something negative.
    Thanks to everyone who provided information about the company registration, legal and consumer rights and distance selling regulations. This has been useful and I really appreciate it.

Everyone else attempting to assert their superiority - yes, you're completely right and I'm completely stupid, wrong and misinformed. There....hope you feel better now.

I'm asking you questions so i can understand the situation, that's what a discussion forum is for.

First you started off by posting a website and now it turns out you actually didn't buy from that website at all, we wouldn't have known that if i didn't ask the questions i did.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Getting a bit bored of everything I say being picked over and challenged
    Have you, or have you not, lost just £2.99??:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts