Old Hag Seeks Less Stress

Options
12346»

Comments

• Sancti
    Sancti Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Haven't been on here for ages!

Baby still not here (YAY!) and anemia still kicking my !!!, due an iron infusion tomorrow and a possible blood transfusion over xmas if it doesn't pick up - yikes!

Things went ever so slightly pear shaped financially, and I've been really poorly so just kept my head down and "kept swimming" until I made it through the other side - which seems to be in sight now! My daughter's sperm donor (batbag) decided he wants nothing to do with her, wouldn't be contributing financially and just wanted to walk away. Financially has been the worst impact, although the news did really upset me, I've had to supply everything solo. I managed to do so, but then my sofa BROKE so I had to buy a new one - also had no form of transport to buy 2nd hand as my parents car broke down (never rains it pours) so that had to be bought new, then within the same week a pipe in my kitchen exploded and something in the washing machine burnt out. My landlord repaired the pipe, but everything under the kitchen sink (where I keep all my cleaning stuff) had to be replaced as did several things that were stored at ground level, and I had to pay for the machine myself as it's mine - EXPENSIVE!!!!!! I've also been ridiculously poorly since September, anemia, multiple infections, threatened labour and blood clots so I've been completely round the block and haven't been able to work either.

Ended up relying on the credit card, my balance was repaid down to the last £100 but it's now back to being almost maxed out :( However I had reduced the limit which forced me to juggle more and saved me more debt to be honest. Kept up with both my savings challenges and found them a good reassurance so far, added 2 more into the mix... I think having "challenges" is easier for me than just transferring £20 into a pot every week, even though it's pretty much the same thing!! I realised if I had a buffer, the house emergencies wouldn't have hit so hard and I wouldn't be half as much in debt so I've found that very motivating in getting some form of backup sorted.

Also saving early for next xmas, this xmas I had some money saved but it's still knocked me over and I'm sick of this every year honestly. I also have no xmas decorations, no tree etc, which is fine for just me but next year my daughter will be 11 months so I'd love to be able to afford some shiny bits to make her world a bit exciting, nothing overboard as she won't really understand but will definitely be throwing some tinsel and sparkly lights around!!! I realise this makes me sound like I've lived my life as the grinch - I love Christmas, but honestly haven't ever prioritised or been able to afford to really have any decs so never have!! I spend it with my parents every year so just lived through them, but guess at 29 maybe I should buy my own..

Updates to savings in my sig, will update here periodically but with 6 weeks tomorrow until my daughter will be here (medical c-section so I'm all booked in already!) updates may be sporadic! Anyone reading, have a great xmas if I don't update before then :beer:
    DEBT: £0/£2235 (0%)
    Savings: 1p Challenge: £46.57 / VSP: £91.48 / Christmas 2020: £44 / Buffer: £0
    Baby Due: 20th Jan 2020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport