Parking Eye Notice 2 months and 22 days after event

Hi,

I’m relatively new to these forums so apologies if I am repeating what someone else has written.

I received a parking eye fine through today dated 28/8/19 from an ANPR car park for outstaying free period by 20 minutes. The alleged offence was on the 6/6/19. So this is 2 months and 22 days to notify me.

Is this time lag allowed or is there a threshold they need to keep within.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the reverse page of the letter contain a paragraph about the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, which commences 'You are notified under paragraph 9(2)(b) of Schedule 4 ..... '. And a further paragraph which commences 'You are warned that if, after 29 days from the date given ....'?

Is the letter headed 'Notice to Keeper'?

Are you sure it's not a reminder?

Is your vehicle a hire/lease/company one?

On whose/what kind of car park was the PCN incurred?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their signs are rubbish, read this

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5972164

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so consider complaining to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • OnthewallOnthewall Forumite
    46 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    They up to 7 months after the date of event to issue the PCN, as along as you don’t admit you’re the driver you should be ok.:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS