Price change after car booking

Options
I had booked a Mercedes E class in June which due for deliver in Sep 2019. Now when I have checked the prices of the same car with other dealers it has been come down. I had checked it before placing the order but now it has come down by £1900.

what should I do? Will my dealer lower down the price?

Comments

• Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It can do no harm to ask.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    Options
    I had booked a Mercedes E class in June which due for deliver in Sep 2019. Now when I have checked the prices of the same car with other dealers it has been come down. I had checked it before placing the order but now it has come down by £1900.

what should I do? Will my dealer lower down the price?

As per post #2 you can only ask, that said if there were a price increase would you have made the post?
    The agreement you have is what you signed placed a deposit and to the agreed amount.
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,051 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Read your T&Cs about price changes, (my last car the price was fixed once a car was allocated/build started but was subject to any variations before) and then the part about how much you would lose if you cancel.

It might be worth cancelling and losing some money to save £1900.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • chandresh87
    Options
    That's why I want to collect information. what happens in this case?
    I searched the internet and found the dealer asking for more money after prices increase but mine is the opposite.
  • Car_54
    Options
    That's why I want to collect information. what happens in this case?
    I searched the internet and found the dealer asking for more money after prices increase but mine is the opposite.
    The most important info you need to collect is on the document you signed ... and presumably read?
  • chandresh87
    Options
    This is what I got on their website.

If before the date of delivery a change occurs in the Manufacturer’s (or relevant concessionaire’s) price for the Vehicle or any Accessory, the Seller shall notify the Purchaser:-

a) if a price increase, of the amount of any such increase the Seller intends to pass on to the Purchaser by increasing the Purchase Price; or

b) if a price reduction, the amount by which the Seller intends to reduce the Purchase Price (or that no reduction is intended).
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So is this a price reduction on the list price of the car, or is it other dealers advertising the same car, but with a bigger discount?
  • chandresh87
    Options
    yes, another dealer is selling at lower price.
  • Car_54
    Options
    This is what I got on their website.

If before the date of delivery a change occurs in the Manufacturer’s (or relevant concessionaire’s) price for the Vehicle or any Accessory, the Seller shall notify the Purchaser:-

a) if a price increase, of the amount of any such increase the Seller intends to pass on to the Purchaser by increasing the Purchase Price; or

b) if a price reduction, the amount by which the Seller intends to reduce the Purchase Price (or that no reduction is intended).
    It doesn't matter what it says on the website. As I and others have pointed out, what matters is the contract you've signed.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    yes, another dealer is selling at lower price.

Is the dealer you purchased from offering the vehicle at a lower price?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure