New Smart TV Won't Play Videos on Netflix or Amazon

in Techie Stuff
8 replies 427 views
PinkLadyPinkLady Forumite
674 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi

Any ideas as to why this is happening please?

I can play YouTube videos on it, and log into both Amazon and Netflix - however when I try to play anything on Amazon/Netflix it says an error has occurred.

Thanks

:beer:
SW: Wk1 (5) Wk2 (2.5) Wk3 - Wk 4 (4) Wk 5 - (1.5) Wk 6 (1) Total off 1 stone!:j

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Ambassador
    49.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Make and model of TV ?

Have you checked for app updates ?

Have you deleted the app and reinstalled
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • PinkLadyPinkLady Forumite
    674 Posts
    Forumite
    Hi

It's a Samsung QLED.

I've tried to look for app updates but can't see how to do that.

Only just got it and I'm a bit scared of messing it up if I change settings etc tbh. :-)
    674 Posts
    Forumite
    I've de-registered the device on Amazon and then signed in again but that didn't solve it. Seems strange that it's doing the same thing on 2 apps.
  • mobileronmobileron Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Is it connected to wifi?
    674 Posts
    Forumite
    Yes. It plays YouTube videos fine, and lets me go into the Amazon and Netflix apps to select what video to play - but then won't actually play the video.
    49.2K Posts
    Ambassador
    Exit the Smart Hub

Go to menu , then support and then software update.

Select by online and let it update and reboot.

Try again
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    49.2K Posts
    Ambassador
    49.2K Posts
    Ambassador
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Glitch hits Nectar bonzana

Did you miss out on bonus points?

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals