Is anyone safe from Hackers - CEO of Twitter Hacked

A sobering thought, CEO of Twitter, Jack, has had his twitter account hacked.

If he's been hacked, a prize target, makes me think what chance do us minions have :(

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/30/hackers-tweet-bomb-threats-racist-slurs-twitter-ceo-jacks-account-10660272/?ico=pushly-notifcation-small&utm_source=pushly

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,868
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    There is no difference between the Twitter account of the CEO and anybody else who's on Twitter. They all use the same architecture, the same security, the same... whatever.

Only difference is its his name on the account so it was always going to be ripe for this sort of thing.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Papers use the termed "hacked" when it's probably social engineering or an insider.

If it was a genuine hack you would have seen wholesale account hacking but that never happened
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • that
    that Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    currently there is a site that offers for free to download "5.7 million UNIQUE passwords list based on leaked databases through out the years 2015 to July 2019. Useful for cracking purposes. Precisely ~5718107 unique passwords."

I would have loved to know how many duplicate passwords there were?

Years ago at work we rolled out a new software product, and the users were asked to pick a word that 'is 6 or more characters, something that they will not forget, like a place name', at least 90%+ out of this free choice chose the exact same password (including me)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure