Maternity leave AND redundant - applying for jobs

Just looking for any helpful opinions!
I am currently on maternity leave, and I will be made redundant at the end of this (I knew this pre mat leave). My mat leave ends soon, so I am starting to think about applying for jobs to start when it finishes. How should I show this on my CV? And how much should I mention in interview? I have no intention of being dishonest, but I am concerned it could jeopardise my chances.

Replies

• nicechapnicechap Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Scarlet190 wrote: »
    Just looking for any helpful opinions!
    I am currently on maternity leave, and I will be made redundant at the end of this (I knew this pre mat leave). My mat leave ends soon, so I am starting to think about applying for jobs to start when it finishes. How should I show this on my CV? And how much should I mention in interview? I have no intention of being dishonest, but I am concerned it could jeopardise my chances.

What was wrong with the answers to your other thread?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6042061
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals