DRO and debts from abroad

Finally I am on DRO from June (2 months now) and everything is fine with my UK debs - no calls, emails or stress about it. But I included some debts from abroad and still have emails and calls from them. My questions what I have to write to ask some proof i am on DRO? when I filled my application i have contacts etc, but they didnt get anthing until now and I am not sure if the insolvency service will send them something? It is not enough to reffer them to website and check my name themself :) As a not native speaker I am not sure how to write and what to ask. Something like that: "I would like to get a proof in writting I am on DRO and all my debts on a list will be written off which I can pass to debt collectors abroad"?
I have nothing at the moment to show them :( no official papers, but how I understand where are no any papers for DRO.

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Foreign debts are unfortunately not rendered globally unenforceable by a DRO.
    Foreign Debts

Foreign debts should be scheduled in the DRO application and will count towards the £20,000 liability parameter, but the making of a DRO may not protect the debtor from enforcement of the debt in the country of origin or lead to the debt being discharged from these debts at the end of the moratorium period
  • pliusas
    pliusas Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    yes, I know! But I still need some proof, to stop them write to me, because I cant pay now them anyway. They are happy to reduce, write off etc that debts, at least until I live in UK, but they need some proof.

So even if I gave addresses how to contact debt collectors from abroad, nobody will contact them? And cant get simple letter as a proof?
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    You want proof that you are in a DRO?

When your DRO was approved, the DRO Team in Plymouth sent you a letter headed DEBTNOT. This is the Debtor's notice and is your proof of being on a DRO. On page 2 there is a list of the creditors and balances included inthe DRO.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    As above, send them a copy of your DRO debtors notice.
    Or alternatively, take a screenshot of your entry on the insolvency register, and send them that instead.

Shouldn’t be difficult.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • pliusas
    pliusas Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have a problem with a list :( letter from Plymouth is not good :(
    thanks anyway, I think I still going to wrote and ask list clarification (baillifs, debt collectors names only instead of original debt names and new debtc collectors do not accept it as they cant see original debt name).
  • can you tell me what country from are yours debts pls?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure