New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

Allay Claims - Fuming

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
4 replies 2.2K views
mattcantymattcanty Forumite
2 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Just had a call from Allay Claims. I'd filled out a form and then hadn't really bothered continuing. Been totally caught out by the small print.

£10 per AUTOMATED text message
£40 per call

I've had 9 text messages and just received a call where I was desperately just trying to get them off my back. But now that I'm cooling off I think they might have really got me.

I've sent them a complaints email but suspect I will simply be charged.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? How does it normally play out? Should I just let them carry on with the no-win, no-fee?

Appreciate the help.

Replies

• Wow. Just seems like it must have been a unscrupulous agent on the phone. Trying to tell me I would be charged and scaring me with "have I read the T&Cs"

Sent them a complaint and there are no fees coming my way.

That is the first time, and the last time I ever submit anything to one of these shady companies. Knew I shouldn't have trodden there.
  • Hi,
    I’ve had a similar experience. Filled in an online form many months ago just to do a basic check of eligibility. Then they sent me forms which I NEVER signed or returned and subsequently ended up throwing. Ever since I’ve received twice a day text and numerous phone calls which I never answer. So I emailed them to stop contacting me and received an email back stating that because I’m outside of the cooking off period that I would accrue a bill for the work carried out. I’m absolutely fuming! What should I do please?
  • MoneyineptitudeMoneyineptitude Forumite
    26.1K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What should I do please?
    Complain to them in writing.
    Contact the Ombudsman for further advice and assistance.
  • neilyukneilyuk Forumite
    8 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi,
    I’ve had a similar experience. Filled in an online form many months ago just to do a basic check of eligibility. Then they sent me forms which I NEVER signed or returned and subsequently ended up throwing. Ever since I’ve received twice a day text and numerous phone calls which I never answer. So I emailed them to stop contacting me and received an email back stating that because I’m outside of the cooking off period that I would accrue a bill for the work carried out. I’m absolutely fuming! What should I do please?

Any update?