Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning

Time-frame for compensation & expenses claims with British Airways for delayed or cancelled flights

New Post Advanced Search

Time-frame for compensation & expenses claims with British Airways for delayed or cancelled flights

14 replies 2.3K views
Not_tight_just_carefulNot_tight_just_careful Forumite
50 posts
Hi all,

Never experienced this before but we were affected by the IT, customer booking system issues which B.A had on 7/8/19.

We had our flight from Heathrow to Mallorca cancelled by B.A whilst we were air-side and only had 50 mins before we were due to fly. Flights were rearranged for the next day with air Iberia (albeit 2 flights, first to Madrid and then to Palma) meaning we had to have a night in a hotel (2 x rooms as we were a party of 4 with 3 adults)

We of course kept all of our receipts for expenses and these were electronically submitted to B.A via the customer claims area of the website nearly 2 weeks ago.
I initially I received an automated response with a claims reference but since then nothing!

Does anyone know how long these claims take to process and resolve? I know it has not too long has passed since submitting but I do have £550 of associated expense fees on my credit card which will require settling very soon. I guess B.A have a lot of claims outstanding so must be very busy but was just wondering what other peoples experiences with claiming were like and the time-frames involved?
Cheers

Replies