Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning

Time-frame for compensation & expenses claims with British Airways for delayed or cancelled flights

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Time-frame for compensation & expenses claims with British Airways for delayed or cancelled flights

14 replies 2.3K views
Not_tight_just_carefulNot_tight_just_careful Forumite
50 posts
Hi all,

Never experienced this before but we were affected by the IT, customer booking system issues which B.A had on 7/8/19.

We had our flight from Heathrow to Mallorca cancelled by B.A whilst we were air-side and only had 50 mins before we were due to fly. Flights were rearranged for the next day with air Iberia (albeit 2 flights, first to Madrid and then to Palma) meaning we had to have a night in a hotel (2 x rooms as we were a party of 4 with 3 adults)

We of course kept all of our receipts for expenses and these were electronically submitted to B.A via the customer claims area of the website nearly 2 weeks ago.
I initially I received an automated response with a claims reference but since then nothing!

Does anyone know how long these claims take to process and resolve? I know it has not too long has passed since submitting but I do have £550 of associated expense fees on my credit card which will require settling very soon. I guess B.A have a lot of claims outstanding so must be very busy but was just wondering what other peoples experiences with claiming were like and the time-frames involved?
Cheers

Replies