Black horse delay tactics or just inept?

Options
Hi money savers,

My black horse ppi claim/story is a little different but i would appreciate some advice.

I went through the whole claim process and was successful, i was sent a letter back in june with an offer, which i accepted and in black and white was told i would be sent a cheque by the 12th august.

Of course, nothing happened, so i ring them, 5 times and here is what i was told,

1. It should be processed today

2. Weve had to recalculate the interest

3. There is a delay

4. I cant tell you anything.

And such more reasons.

They are not saying they will not honor the payment, quite the opposite, but i am getting no answers.

What should i do, its now 10 days overdue? Are they really this inept?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Next phone call you tell them if it’s not resolved within X days then it’ll be referred to FOS.

A £550 cost from FOS tends to focus the mind.

On the other hand, they might be reviewing the decision..
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    brettcta wrote: »
    Next phone call you tell them if it’s not resolved within X days then it’ll be referred to FOS.

A £550 cost from FOS tends to focus the mind.

On the other hand, they might be reviewing the decision..

It would indeed focus the mind... except that’s not what they pay, the bigger organisations fall under a group charging system meaning in relating they pay far less.

OP Black horse are not inept per say but are as you can imagine inundated at the moment especially given the PPI deadline looming, plus they do have issue with old records so will need to collate information in order to do the calculations.

Hold tight as going FOS will merely delay situation, keep in mind the 8% statutory interest keeps accumulating so it IS in their interests to resolve ASAP.
  • jorvik
    jorvik Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Bermonia wrote: »
    It would indeed focus the mind... except that’s not what they pay, the bigger organisations fall under a group charging system meaning in relating they pay far less.

OP Black horse are not inept per say but are as you can imagine inundated at the moment especially given the PPI deadline looming, plus they do have issue with old records so will need to collate information in order to do the calculations.

Hold tight as going FOS will merely delay situation, keep in mind the 8% statutory interest keeps accumulating so it IS in their interests to resolve ASAP.

Thanks, ill give it another week
  • brettcta
    Options
    Bermonia wrote: »

I’m not sure they do - I work for a major high street bank and our FOS fees are £550/case
    helpful tips
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    brettcta wrote: »
    I’m not sure they do - I work for a major high street bank and our FOS fees are £550/case

I worked for various high street banks and the FOS... those are not the fees, especially for PPI
  • brettcta
    Options
    I think we’re being ripped off then :D
    helpful tips
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
  • jorvik
    jorvik Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Erm, thanks, big help:money:
  • gilly501
    Options
    i complained to black horse  4 years ago they responded by saying they could not find any ppi ,  however 2 weeks before the deadline i received a letter informing me there was indeed PPI , on a £5000 loan , i have waited 7 months they have upheld my complaint and sent a full re imbursement od £285 .00  i find this astonishingly low , given the length of time and amount ,   what should i do now  !!!
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gilly501 said:
    i complained to black horse  4 years ago they responded by saying they could not find any ppi ,  however 2 weeks before the deadline i received a letter informing me there was indeed PPI , on a £5000 loan , i have waited 7 months they have upheld my complaint and sent a full re imbursement od £285 .00  i find this astonishingly low , given the length of time and amount ,   what should i do now  !!!
    You provide them evidence that you did pay it for longer.   
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    gilly501 said:they have upheld my complaint and sent a full reimbursement of £285 .00.  I find this astonishingly low  given the length of time and amount.    What should i do now ? !!!
    Unless you have documentary evidence that you paid more than they are refunding, you have little option other than to enjoy your redress as you won't be getting any more..

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure