Unsafe self-catering accomodation - what are my rights?

Options
2»

Comments

• JamJarBinks
    Options
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    As you stayed then you have no rights to anything else.

I've stayed in many places, and it's normal to have a good nose around when you arrive. If you find things amiss, investigate more! That way you can complain straight away if anything is it right.

Was this the first time you have stayed somewhere?

Your review will hopefully cost them bookings or at least make them clean it up!
    All fair points.
    I got in touch with the property as soon as I was in the door to complain about the first things we noticed (the dirt), we had a chat on the phone where I let him know I wasn't happy. It was late and we needed to get dinner sorted etc, so I didn't investigate further then. In retrospect we should have just left, but I'm not sure where I'd have gone with a family of five, at that time, in the school holidays - quite a different proposition to just being a solo traveller.
    The worst of the stuff (the fire safety and electricals) we only discovered the next morning.
    I guess I'm wiser now!
  • JamJarBinks
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    How much did you pay?
    £130 - which I would have been happy with if the apartment had been in decent condition, safe and clean.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Assuming this is just a normal flat being used as a holiday let, I'm not aware of there being any requirement for fire extinguisher / blanket / exit signs / evacuation procedure etc, any more than there would be for an owner-occupier, and I certainly wouldn't expect it if I stayed in similar accommodation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure