Refund for tattoo

Hi, first time posting and unsure on if I'm in the right place lol..
Basically I've bought a block booking/voucher and paid £350 for it, he had me booked in for the 4th of Jul to he then cancelled on me a week before hand and said he would call me the next day with a new appointment, he didn't call and I had to chase him up for weeks messaging and ringing him before he eventually gave me another date he booked me in 14th Aug anyway I turned up on the date arranged and apparently he couldn't get the stencil on right and had to order something in before he could do it again he told me he would call the next day to give me another date which he didn't call I waited a couple days and asked him if he had booked me in he said he hadn't but would sort it first thing the next day, a week later and I've messaged again this morning to get ignored because its showing he is going online but not messaging me back.. I'm at the point now where I am just going to give him until tomorrow to reply if not then I'm going to ask for a full refund as it's been almost two months from my original appointment and still not had anything done and I've had enough of waiting and chasing him up every day to get no reply or him fobbing me off saying he will get back to me but never does.
What I'm wanting to know is if I am actually entitled for a full refund? as I can see him being very difficult or refusing to refund me when I do ask him..

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Send him a letter before action
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,984 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    hollydays wrote: »
    Send him a letter before action
    ....with some punctuation in it. Seriously, a wall of words like that needs breaking up and structuring properly to give it a better chance of being acted on.

Stick to a chronological and concise list of what happened when, setting out what you want to achieve (a full refund?) and what you propose to do if he doesn't do so in a reasonable time.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Maybe just ask first... contrary to popular belief on here not EVERYTHING requires a letter before action lol
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Bermonia wrote: »
    Maybe just ask first... contrary to popular belief on here not EVERYTHING requires a letter before action lol

Yes sorry I did mean to add, after you've asked:D
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,679 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Is this place local to you?
    Can't you just walk in and speak face-to-face instead of calling/messaging him?

How much research did you do on this establishment before deciding to pay £350 up front?
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you can go in and speak to him face to face, or telephone, I would say to him that you can't get it done now (make up a reason e.g. you wanted it doing in July to be ready for a particular event and it's too late now) so would like to have a refund now and then you'll re-book later once the event is over.

You can go in all official and send a LBA or just demand a refund, but if he decides to get difficult it could be a while before you see your money. I'd try the softly-softly approach first - make him think you'll be back with your cash again another time so he's less likely to say no.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure